The mobility grant is awarded Master and Ph.D. students in countries outside Norway and at institutions with a department for Nordic/Scandinavian studies, whom have chosen Norwegian language or Norwegian literature as topic for their dissertation. The grant must be used for fieldwork in Norway in connection with the dissertation.
.Application deadline: March 18th, 2020.
The mobility grant is awarded for a minimum of one and a maximum of three months. The fieldwork must be conducted at a Norwegian higher educational/research institution, and the applicant must provide details of a tutor at this institution who has agreed to tutor the student during his/her stay in Norway. The grant is given as a contribution to covering expenses in connection with the research stay in Norway.
2019: New Travel Grant!
.A new, differentiated travel grant was introduced in 2019, in addition to grant for board and lodging.
Travel grant (fixed rates):
- NOK 2,000 for travel from countries in Europe
- NOK 3,000 for travel from St. Petersburg and Moscow in Russia
- NOK 5,000 for travel from other cities in Russia, other Eurasia countries and countries outside of Europe
Grant for board and lodging:
- The grant follows the rates set by The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund for basic support and is NOK 11 020 per month.
2. Prepare a project description and contact a tutor and an institution of higher learning in Norway.
3. Fill out the online application form in Espresso. The application can be written in English or Norwegian.
4. Obligatory attachments:
- a recommendation letter from the home institution tutor
- a personal invitation letter from the Norwegian institution
Submit the application before the deadline: March 18th, 2020.
5. The applications will be assessed by the Programme Committee for Norwegian Studies Abroad.
6. The applicants will be informed about the outcome of their application.